Thursday 16 July 2015

Hull & East Riding Museum

I visited the above museum yesterday, with Diane and Jacqui.  We were looking for inspiration for an upcoming ERA exhibition titled 'Layers of Meaning'.  It is linked to the East Yorkshire Archaeology Society, hence the visit to the history museum.

We had a great afternoon, and all took lots of pics (without flash, but it doesn't seem to matter too much).  I particularly liked the Gothic medieval period, the stonework and wood carving is amazing, and I love the colours from the hand-painted books of that period - brilliant blues and reds with gold.

I have a few ideas for the exhibition, but the pieces will have to be small as hand-in day will be end august/beginning September and we are all three exhibiting at Burton Agnes in the summerhouse 1-10th September, so we are all also working on pieces for that.

I will also be away the last week in August as I am going down to Art Van Go at Knebworth to do a workshop with Alice Fox on experimental mark making and stitch - I am so looking forward to that.

So - looks like I have five weeks to do both sets of work!  I think I will be working small for both exhibitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment