Tuesday 23 June 2015

Extreme landscape No. 11

Here we are again, same but different.  I love how this one has turned out, there is a nice balance of light and dark tones, and I think the composition works well too, many because of the accidental line in the sky area pointing down to the dark area in the centre.  There is also a nice balance of warm and cool colours.




I know that I said I was not being judgemental, and I am trying to give myself critiques without likes and dislikes, but it is a very difficult thing to do.

I read somewhere that each element of composition should, most of the time, but not always, have a daddy, mummy and baby bear range.  For instance, a large area, a medium area and a small area of dark tone, or perhaps a large area of cool colour plus a medium and small area of warm colour.  This simple advice is easy to remember (I did), and I think it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment