Monday 11 May 2015

Venice, washday

Here is another collage, worked on a crumpled tissue base.  This picture also had light molding paste and some clear gesso applied on top of the tissue, using a brayer.  This, with the tissue texture, gave a great representation of crumbling plaster walls.  The washing was added last, each individual garment being cut out of collage papers.

I have had an offer for this painting already, but I'm not sure if it's finished and I need to live with it for a while before I sell it.  It's one of the best I've done for a while,  I think the water is particularly good.


Venice, Washday, acrylic mixed media, 16 x 16 inch


I really enjoy doing this type of work, both the technique and the subject matter feels right for me.  That doesn't mean that I won't keep trying other subjects, techniques and materials, but it's nice to feel that I have found one thing I really enjoy doing and can go back to any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment