After the last post I thought I would try the work in progress idea with a smaller canvas. The one below is only 8 x 8 inch. I painted the canvas warm AZO yellow, then covered it with crumpled dressmakers tissue. I did this as an experiment to see how it affected the look of the canvas at this stage, and I was surprised by how much the yellow showed through.
|Harbour work in progress, side of canvas|
The above picture shows clearly how the yellow is shining through. I really like this affect and will experiment with it more. I think it has great potential for using complementary colours under the tissue so that the painting will zing!
|Harbour work in progress, composition|
The front of the canvas shows the composition roughed in with a charcoal pencil. You can clearly see the printing on the dressmakers tissue and I will be keeping some of it to incorporate it into the final piece.
Unfortunately I didn't get any further yesterday, and today I am back at Burton Agnes Hall. I am taking it with me but don't know how much I will get done.