Sunday 10 July 2016

Artist Residency

I wouldn't have believed what a difference it makes to work away from home, and to work for a long period, up to 6 hours one day!  Usually it's four hours, and it suits me perfectly.  There are no interruptions, and I just get on and work. I need to put a similar routine in place at home after the residency is finished.  At present, I never get more than two hours, and often not even that.

I have covered the tables and floor with plastic, then covered the floor again with scrap paper I've saved from packaging.  Because it doesn't matter about the mess I feel so much freer.

The major plus is that I have the space to work on four or five pieces at the same time, plus a couple of warm-ups as well.   I can spread them out on the floor to dry, then prop them up and look at them from a distance. I will be sad when the residency finishes in two weeks.


This is one of the paintings I'm working on.  It still needs a lot of work, but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment