Tuesday 11 August 2015

More collaged villages

I hope to get more work done today on the fishing village collages.  The two below are in the first stages, as were the ones yesterday.


I like how this one is turning out, partly because of the lovely orange sky - I just love orange skies.  It looks very messy at the moment, everything needs to be tidied up and straightened out a little, though not too much.



I don't really like this one at all, there are too many houses, and they are all the same, there isn't enough variety to keep interest going.  I also don't like the grey around the houses, it looks like concrete. This piece may not make it to the finishing line!

I had thought about doing some stitching on some of these collages, and I may use this piece to experiment on, as I feel I have nothing to lose.




This is another 'starter' showing how I add the acrylic ink, spray it and let it flow about on the page, I love the serendipity of the bursts of different colours and tones.


No comments:

Post a Comment