Friday 17 April 2015

Teashop ladies

I started a new series of paintings on Tuesday - Window Shopping.  I have only finished two so far, and they are both rough drafts for possible future paintings.  I like the whimsical feel to them, you often see two friends staring into shop windows, so you only see the back view.

I think they would work well in collage and acrylic, and have already started thinking about an approach to take.  I don't have much time at the moment so it will have to wait until later in the summer.  I have only just realised that my first exhibition this year is only just over four weeks away, so I need to get moving and sort out work for framing over the coming weekend.

Teashop ladies, acrylic, 10 x 12 inch


Here is another of the paintings from my past, another using the ruler I suspect.

Yorkshire Dales, acrylic, 20 x 16 inch

These two paintings are so far apart it's difficult to realise that I used to paint in such a tight style.  Also the palette was very restricted, no bright colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment