Saturday 18 April 2015

Hatshop ladies

Here is the second painting in the 'Window Shopping' series. I have felt a little more comfortable with these figures, probably because they are 'drawn' with a large flat brush using acrylic paint.  I do like a painterly surface. 

I have started to think about other titles and have come up with the following:-
  • Shoe shop
  • Dress shop
  • Gift Shop
  • Flower Shop
  • Cake Shop
Maybe phone shop, and why not Charity shop?  I need to think of a few more to give me a bit of choice as I don't like to be too restricted.


Hatshop ladies, acrylic, 9 x 12 inch

I need to get out with my camera and take a few more candid shots of window shoppers, although you don't get many in the small town where I live!  Perhaps I will also include couples in this series, the backs of some couples tells a story without any words needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment