Sunday 19 June 2016

Still running up the down escalator

My flu/cold has left me tired and breathless, so it's slowed me right down.  I have had a lot to do over the last couple of weeks, with preparations for the Artist Residency at the Old Parcel's Office in Scarborough starting soon, plus entering work into the Woodend Open exhibition.  There are also two other exhibitions, one entry this week and one entry in three weeks.  I want to push myself to reach higher in my professional practise, so I don't want to give in.  All the exhibitions are via online applications, so at least I don't have to get the work framed and take it in, unless I am accepted!

I visited the OPO at Scarborough last Wednesday and its a great space, in fact a very great big space, so I am looking forward to it, it just means losing three afternoons a week, an hour travel, plus at least two hours actually working there.  I want to try and fit in another hour for research and sketching around Scarborough if possible.  Something has to give, and it's going to be my exercise classes.  Until I caught this flu/cold thing, I was doing 8-12 classes a week.  I can't keep that up unfortunately and get work done as well.  So I am planning on cutting down to 5 classes a week.

The second  exhibition is in Lincoln.  It sounds great, and I have a project that I have wanted to do for a long time, based around the fishing industry of Bridlington, the fall and rise of fishing in fact.  This exhibition doesn't actually take place until January 2017, but I'm not altogether sure how it actually works, so I need to give them a ring.

The third one is based in Bridlington, and doesn't have to be in until 10th July, but what I had planned is a complex piece of work, and I don't know if I will have time for it.  I may try to combine it with the OPO Scarborough.

As if that's not enough, I am trying to keep up with a 'drawing a day' practise, which is turning out to be more like 3-6 drawings a day.  I feel fired up to improve my drawing, and just need to go with that feeling whilst I can fit it in.

I'm not posting a picture this week as all the work I have around the studio is for the above exhibitions and I don't want to tempt fate by posting early.

 I apologize in advance - the spell checker isn't working on blogger, so there my be errors.




No comments:

Post a Comment