We finished at Burton Agnes on Tuesday. Didn't do too bad, but the footfall is drastically down.
I wasn't feeling too great, a combination of the ongoing back problems, plus very tired, and then a sore throat and cough, presumably because I feel worn out.
I'm feeling much better now, and have started working in my 'Trees' workbook again, preparatory to the TSG summer school in July.
I have also ordered 6 canvasses for my artist residency at Scarborough Old Parcels Office, the complete work being 1m x 4m. I have started planning out how this is going to work, but I am a bit worried that I won't get it all done during the time I have there. Hopefully I will find time in the next couple of weeks to make a start on the research - walking, collecting, sketching over on the north side of Scarborough, starting at the Sealife centre.
I have also had a lovely time experimenting with pouring acrylics, and am very excited by the results. It is messy and I think I need to get some of those plastic clogs to change into when I'm doing it as it's difficult not to walk into the puddled paint. I have a plastic sheet down, but I'm thinking of putting sheets of paper underneath as these would be absorbent, and would make nice beginnings, or failing that, sketchbook pages.
The above is a collage painting started at Cober Hill. It's quite large for me, 25 inch square. I haven't had time to do any more to it, and I'm not sure I want to finish it, so it will be propped up against the studio wall for a while until I decide to either paint over it or work on it.