Wednesday 16 March 2016

Two workshops and a pile of work to review

I missed posting last Sunday because I was on a workshop, more of that later.

The workshop at Art Van Go, Knebworth; Monoprinting landscapes with Sarah Burgess was excellent.  Sarah is a born mentor, and spent a lot of time with individuals, talking about their work.

We did monoprinting on paper the first day, then on fabric the second day.  We also looked at combining the paper and the fabric into collage pieces.


monoprint on paper approx 8 x 10 inch



monoprint on paper, fabric added approx 8 x 10 inch


collage made from monoprints, tissutex, line added, A2

detail of above

 I enjoyed the monoprinting on paper, but was less successful with monoprinting on fabric.  I will do more as I think it has great possibilities.


monoprint on fabric


The way to think about this type of monoprinting for me is as preparing collage elements that I will later combine with other pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment