Sunday 6 March 2016

Saturday

I am getting ready to go down to Knebworth on Monday morning to attend a monoprinting landscape workshop at Art Van Go, led by Sarah Burgess.

This fits in very well with the expressive landscapes I have been working on for the last month, and I hope to build on the work I have already done and expand on this theme, but working on fabric.

I have been working on the Seawhites All Media, heavy cartridge.  Using collage, charcoal, graphite and oilbars.  I had eight on the go, moving rapidly from one to another so that they didn't get overworked.  They are all around 9 inch square, so not very big.





The second piece shown has also had some fine, hand dyed cheesecloth scraps added, plus some machine stitching.



They haven't all been a success, but I think six are good enough to be framed, I'm very pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment