Saturday 9 April 2016

Exhibitions

I thought that I had all the exhibition info in for this year, but have had another two this week, so more to add to my year planner.  It's very hard, this trying to get organised.

the first exhibition is Woodend Open Exhibition, Scarborough.  This is the first open exhibition they have done, and is on the theme of Moors & Coast which is amazing as that's my themes anyway. Digital entry deadline is 17th June.  As it's the first they have done I think there will be a large entry so I may not get in.

The second exhibition to come up is Art in the Garden for ERA (East Riding Artists).  I did know that it was coming up, but didn't have the list of gardens to visit, or the entry deadline.  The exhibition is 22-24th July at North Cave.  It does seem rather a short exhibition, and a fair distance for me to have to go at least twice.  Once to take the work, and once to see the exhibition/collect unsold work.

Checking the ERA website, I am assuming that there will be the ERA Open Exhibition at Wolds Village Bainton in July, although this isn't on the Wolds Village list.

There is also Art in the Aisles, at St Mary's Church, Beverley.  I haven't taken part in this exhibition before.  It's listed as 1st to 31st August, but that doesn't sound right, so will await more news.

I haven't managed to do very much painting this week, partly because of a bad back.  I did work on a still life on Tuesday.  It still needs work, but it's coming along.

Still life with blue bowl


No comments:

Post a Comment